To apply to be a member of the VOCLA team, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRAINEE MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Now Recruiting an ambitious individual, looking for a career in digital marketing, based in Wythenshawe, Manchester.
VOCLA is a small online multi-brand menswear retailer, based in Manchester M23, with over 1200 men’s designer underwear, swimwear and gear products, selling niche and prominent brands to a global customer base through the VOCLA website (VOCLA.com) and eBay. VOCLA also operates a new and growing monthly underwear subscription service, VA Club.
We have recently expanded our operations into a small warehouse and have launched a new global e-commerce store to further grow our business.
We are a small but growing business that has no sign of stopping yet. You will be joining the business at the start of our next stage of growth and will be one of our first team members.
This role is for a trainee marketing associate. The postholder will develop online retail marketing, helping to grow the business.
The postholder will receive training in and complete product, campaign and social media marketing, helping to attract new visitors to the website, increase product conversion rates and sales whilst improving brand awareness and optimising social media channels.
Once a solid competency in product, campaign and social media marketing has been gained, the postholder’s responsibilities will expand into additional areas of marketing. For example, content writing, influencer marketing, offline advertising, link building and PR. These will help further grow the business and develop the postholder into a Marketing Executive.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain a broad knowledge of online retail marketing, helping to grow the business, whilst learning new skills in an evolving job role and what’s more, the Director will fully train the successful candidate.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product Sales Management – Reviewing current product descriptions to improve conversion rates and uploading new products to the e-commerce system, writing detailed product descriptions which explain the benefits of the product and which are appropriate for the target customer.
- Product Administration & Data – Adjusting product prices for currency fluctuations, price changes and sale offers; increasing product conversion rates and basket values by upselling products, merchandising shop pages, optimizing product images and ensuring correct product data; managing product reviews.
- Product Search Engine Optimisation – Analysing search engine keywords and data for products, then optimizing product descriptions and data for search engines, in order to increase web traffic.
- Campaigns for New Products, Brands & Collections, Deals & Offers – Uploading products or changing product data ready for a campaign, setting up and running deals and offers, promoting campaigns using various marketing initiatives but specifically creating onsite promotional images, e-mail newsletters, social posts, PR, SMS messages and using website promotional tools.
- E-mail and SMS Marketing – Creating newsletters to promote campaigns and blog articles to existing subscribers with details of sales, discounts, new brands and styles; Increasing the subscriber audience using onsite and offsite promotional tools; Managing subscription lists in line with GDPR regulations.
- Social Media – Scheduling appropriate social media posts, responding to and engaging with followers, using social media tools to build our following, reviewing other social media tools for appropriateness in the future, analysing social data to grow our social channels and improve brand awareness.
- Influencer Marketing – Finding, approaching, communicating with and managing suitable social influencers; Reviewing social influencer sites or agencies to determine suitability; Setting up a process to manage social influencers, track costs and success.
The successful candidate will receive full training in all the above areas. They will progress over time to take control of specific marketing campaigns, seeing these through from start to finish, allowing them to use their training and skills to create, implement and market full campaigns. The success of these will help increase revenue at VOCLA, which in turn will work towards a sales-related bonus.
The Trainee Marketing Associate will also be provided with ad hoc projects as and when required to meet business requirements and to gain further skills and marketing experience.
The successful candidate needs to have full experience of using Microsoft Office key programmes and be able to use a database. Experience of using any of the following would be an advantage but training will anyhow be provided:
- WooCommerce or other e-commerce platforms
- GIMP, Inkscape or other graphics programs, image optimization or manipulation tools
The successful candidate needs to have the following essential skills:
- Will be a self-starter and good at time management, with the ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Will be willing to learn on the job, ask questions when unsure and able to thoroughly review their own work.
- Will need to be able to think on their feet, create ideas and be willing to try something. Have a creative and analytical flair that will create eye catching and interesting marketing content.
- Will possess great writing skills in order to create attractive content optimized for search engines and increase revenue.
- Be analytical and comfortable with managing complex data sets.
- Regularly engage in social media.
Candidates do not require any IT programming skills but an understanding of databases is required.
Just to prove that you did actually read all the way down to here, and to prove that you would actually review your work as we request, why not mention “Underwear is a Basic Human Right” somewhere in your application. It’s the slogan for our underwear subscription club. 😉
VOCLA is a business that may cause offence to some candidates. We have product ranges that are categorised as ‘fetishwear’ or ‘eroticwear’. Some of which we class as mildly provocative or sexual in nature. Our imagery is of men in underwear, swimwear and fetish gear. Therefore, we ask that the applying candidate is openminded and none judgemental. This is for the safety of the VOCLA brand, our suppliers and most importantly all our customers. Whilst we and our customers love what we do, we understand that some people could be offended and we wouldn’t like anyone to feel this way.
Salary: £20,000 to £22,000 per annum, full time permanent contract.
Salary Frequency: Monthly payroll on the last working day of each month.
Bonus: Up to 10% discretionary annual bonus, paid in February, if not in a notice period.
Hours: Standard 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday. If you are asked to work on a weekend, which would be rare, you would be allowed to refuse and would anyhow be given time off in lieu.
Probationary Period: 3 months.
Home Working: Home working is possible for one day a week, once fully trained, assuming that adequate arrangements are made for home working and that the postholder can remain in contact and motivated when working from home. VOCLA would provide home working equipment.
Progression: The successful candidate is expected to progress from this trainee role, expanding responsibilities, to become a Marketing Executive.
- Flexible start, finish and lunch times – you can start any time between 7am and 10am, finish any time between 4pm and 7pm and take lunch between midday and 2pm, it’s your choice.
- If you need to pop out of the office for a short while, that’s fine too, as long as you manage your time and work.
- Time off in lieu – if you work outside standard hours to complete a project or major task, we are happy to let you take that time off in lieu.
- Enrolment into a Workplace Pension.
- 20 days annual leave plus paid bank holidays, increasing by an extra day for each full year of employment, capped at 30 days.
- We have a relaxed office, so we ask that you wear what you will be comfortable in.
- We have a kitchen with standard facilities and a good coffee machine so you will always be on the ball! There is plenty of space for you to store and order in food and drink. VOCLA provides tea, coffee and milk – just help yourself!
- You may have personal parcels delivered to work.
- Onsite free parking.
- Team discount codes and occasional free samples.
- Easy location- we are close to the motorway network and very close to the Metrolink (Roundthorn stop).
- We are currently applying for a cycle to work scheme.
- When COVID isn’t causing restaurants to be closed, we sometimes go out for a yummy team lunch, courtesy of VOCLA, to celebrate a job well done.
- As VOCLA grows, we will aim to promote from within, giving team members the opportunity to move forward with the business.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
Sanitisation equipment available, with a personal hand sanitizer at each desk. Face masks available, if required. Social distancing procedures in place in the warehouse. The postholder will have a desk that is 2 metres away from closet team member.
Coming soon…April 2021. It all depends on when lockdown is lifted!