It’s a question we often get asked here at VOCLA – what’s the difference between a jockstrap thong and g-string? Well there is a general answer to this which is that it depends on the amount of material used. The g-string has far less material compared to a thong and a jockstrap. However, there are other differences too, which relate to the cut of the style.
MENS JOCKSTRAPS have the following features:
- A front pouch which provides support, lift and sometimes protection.
- No side material, allowing the legs to move easily. Therefore, a jockstrap makes a good option for wearing during sporting activity.
- Rear elasticated straps that join the front pouch to the back, usually one around each buttock.
- Butt lifting – sometimes the straps are made with a toughened elastic which helps to lift the buttocks upwards and outwards. Therefore, providing an element of bum reshaping.
- The lack of back material allows for maximum ventilation which again makes this style ideal for wearing during sports.
Did you know? – the jockstraps was originally designed to be worn by bicycle couriers (who were known as ‘jocks’). The design allowed them to move their legs more easily when on the bicycle.
MENS G-STRINGS have the following features:
- The least amount of material of the three styles.
- A front pouch like a jockstrap but this tends to offer less support, lifting and protection.
- Where a jockstrap has an elasticated waistband, the g-string usually has a piece of string that replaces the waistband, but not always.
- The difference between a jockstrap thong and g-string is the lack of straps around the legs. The front pouch is held in place by a piece of string that joins from the bottom of the front pouch, up the butt crack and joins to the back of the waistband string. So the pouch on a jockstrap is held in place with leg straps whereas the pouch on a g-string is held in place with strings.
MENS THONGS take features from both a jockstrap and g-string:
- A thong is also more likely to have an elasticated waistband like a jockstrap, compared to the string waist of a g-string.
- The pouch is more to be fully supportive like a jockstrap.
- A thong does not have any jock straps to the back but has a piece of material down the butt crack, thicker but not dissimilar to a g-string. This may be preferable for guys who find the elasticated straps on a jockstrap to be tight and uncomfortable.
- The main difference between a jockstrap thong and g-string is that a small triangular piece of material is inserted into the thong at the top rear. There is no real purpose to this, it’s just an aesthetic preference.
There are also some hybrid men’s thong styles such as the SUKREW V thong which has the rear thong piece of material but has fabric leg straps. It’s a cross between a jockstrap and a thong, sometimes known as a jock thong.
SO WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JOCKSTRAP THONG AND G-STRING?
A jockstrap will have an elasticated waistband, whereas a thong and g-string are less likely to.
A g-string has strings that hold the garnment together and a thong has pieces of material, running down the butt crack from front to back. The jockstrap has straps around the buttocks.
A thong has a triangular piece of material to the top rear.
- TOP 10: BEST MALE ENHANCING UNDERWEAR
- NEW SUKREW APEX UNDERWEAR POUCH STYLES!
- ADDICTED FLAMMABLE ICE PHOTOSHOOT
STAY IN TOUCH! SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER OR FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA