Just like you, the VOCLA® team shops online for personal and business products, providing our data so that those transactions can be properly fulfilled and signing up to marketing initiatives so we can be kept up-to-date about new products and offers. We don’t want our data to be misused so we promise to not misuse yours either.
For all our services, the data controller, responsible for your data privacy, is VOCLA Limited (registration 07910951, registered in England). Our contact details are:
- Registered Address: Unit 2, Tilson Road, Roundthorn Industrial Estate, Manchester, UK, M23 9GF
- Phone: 0161 282 5028
- E-mail: email@example.com
If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy and use your data, please contact us in any of the above ways or via the contact form or chat system on our website.
- OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
Under the new General Data Protection Regulations, we have two lawful bases to process your data:
For operational purposes (ie to fulfil your orders), we have a contractual lawful basis to process your data. For example, we cannot send you your order and therefore complete our contract of sale if we cannot process your name and address details.
For the purposes of marketing (eg e-mail, SMS and direct mail), we have a consensual lawful basis to process your data. You can opt in and out of specific marketing initiatives, you are in charge, providing and removing your consent when you wish.
- USING YOUR DATA
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This includes your name, billing address, delivery address, phone number, IP address and e-mail address. We do not gather sensitive or special category data such as your date of birth, ethnicity or gender.
|HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA||WHY?|
|To deliver your purchases to you||We have to use your details to fulfil our contract of sale with you – we can’t send you your order if we don’t have your name and delivery address|
|To send you service messages||We have to use your details to fulfil our contract of sale with you – we can’t let you know that your order has been dispatched or provide tracking numbers if we can’t e-mail or send you an SMS|
|To detect and prevent fraud||To detect and prevent fraud against VOCLA® and yourself, for example we will match the location of your IP address to your billing and delivery address which helps us determine if a card may be stolen|
To send you information about new products & services or special offers
|We only do this when you opt in, providing us with consent. You can remove consent at any time. Please see section 4 Marketing below|
|To display VOCLA® adverts as you surf the web||This lets you see information about new products & services or special offers. We only do this if you have cookies enabled on your browser and opt into marketing cookies. You can stop this by clearing your browser cookies|
To send you automated basket abandonment e-mails
|If you input your e-mail address at the checkout but fail to complete a purchase, we will automatically e-mail you with a link that allows you to easily complete the purchase if you wish. These e-mails will stop after 24 hours|
YOUR COMMUNICATION DATA
This includes e-mails you have sent us, messages sent through our online contact form and messages on social media (eg Twitter and Instagram). We do not currently record phone calls. We keep e-mails for six months. We are unable to delete social media messages as these are kept by those respective platforms.
|HOW WE USE YOUR COMMUNICATION DATA||WHY?|
|To provide customer service and support||We need to answer your enquiries and we need to communicate with you if there is an issue with an order|
|To train staff||We need to use enquiries to train our staff so they can provide a great service to you in the future|
YOUR PAYMENT DATA
When you input payment details on our website, that section of the website is fully encrypted and operated by our payment processors, Paypal and Stripe, who hold all the necessary SSL security certificates to keep your payment details secure.
VOCLA® does not collect or see payment data such as your specific card details. However, we are able to see some generic transaction data (eg whether you input a correct 3D secure password or not). This transaction data is only used to review for fraud .
|HOW WE USE YOUR PAYMENT DATA||WHY?|
|To assess whether payment has successfully been taken for an order||We need to verify with the payment processor, that payment has been made, so that a contract of sale exists and we can then dispatch your order|
|To provide refunds where necessary||We have to find your transaction details on merchant accounts and use these to request a refund to be made|
|To detect and prevent fraud using Paypal’s and Stripe’s fraud management systems||We need to use this to detect and prevent fraud against VOCLA® and yourself|
|To verify a delivery address where payment is placed through a Paypal account, rather than by card||Where payment is made through a Paypal account, Paypal will provide your verified delivery address on that account, helping us to reduce fraud and ensure your order is dispatched to the correct address|
YOUR ORDER HISTORY, SAVED BASKETS AND WISHLISTS
If you decide to hold an account with us, you can view your order history within this account. If you create a wish-list, you can view saved items which you can also e-mail to someone else. If you put items into a basket, but are not ready to pay for those items, you can save the basket for later.
|HOW WE USE YOUR PURCHASE HISTORY, SAVED BASKETS AND WISHLISTS||WHY?|
|To help you complete an order||It’s much easier, faster and more practical for you to complete an order at a later date if you’ve saved items and baskets|
|To provide customer service & support||
If you have a question about a previous order, you may wish to see the order details in your order history, and we will need to view your order history to follow-up your enquiry
If you have trouble completing a transaction, we will need to view the order details to help you
|To complete returns||We have to view your order history to complete a return and fulfil our contract of sale with you – we can’t refund an item on an order if we can’t view that order|
|To help you save items of interest for a later date||
It’s much easier, faster and more practical for you to be able to save items of interest so that you can come back to purchase them when you are ready.
You may want to e-mail your saved items/wish-list to friends and family for a birthday or maybe even Santa!
|To detect and prevent fraud||
Reviewing your order history is one way that VOCLA® can help detect and prevent fraud
YOUR DEVICE AND BROWSER DATA
We cannot use your device (eg mobile, tablet, desktop) and browser data (eg the browser used, the version of that browser) to specifically identify you but we use Google Analytics to review the devices and browsers which our website visitors collectively use.
|HOW WE USE YOUR DEVICE AND BROWSER DATA||WHY?|
|To collectively review which browsers and devices our customers use to view our online store||To help develop our online store to provide a better shopping experience – we need the store to work well on the most popular browsers and devices|
|To collectively review who our visitors are – if you have enabled cookies on your browser, Google Analytics collects and reviews the geo-location, demographics and interests that it believes you have, based upon your browser cookies and surfing habits||To help us to understand our visitors better so we can provide a better online store and shopping experience|
- SHARING YOUR DATA
We do not sell any information or data to any third party ever. However, we do share your information with the following companies, who process elements of your data, often in order to fulfil our services and contract with you, to meet our legal obligations or to provide marketing services to where you have explicitly consented to this.
- Our couriers, such as The Royal Mail (and their service providers abroad where an order is delivered outside the UK), for example:
- To generate a delivery label for your parcel
- To generate export documentation for your parcel, if delivered outside the UK
- To electronically inform Customs authorities about details of the package where this is required outside the UK, allowing faster Customs processing
- To communicate about missing and late parcels
- To investigate and make compensation claims for missing and late parcels
- Our e-commerce system providers, Wordpress and WooCommerce, related e-commerce plugin and theme providers and our website and hosting support providers, who host our website, provide the Content Management System which holds your data, provide development and support services.
- Our payment merchants, Paypal and Stripe, who provide the payment gateways on our website. You input your payment details into their payment gateway and they encrypt this so nobody else, including us, can see it. We provide details of your order, such as the value and currency, so the transaction can be completed.
- eBay, where you place an order through our eBay store. We provide eBay with delivery details such as your tracking number so that we can fulfil eBay’s requirements and our contract of sale.
- Google, whose Analytics code is embedded on our website, so we can review how visitors with enabled cookies on their browser use the website, allowing us to improve it. The code also helps us to identify which marketing initiatives generate our sales. The retention period for data sent to Google Analytics that is associated with cookies and advertising identifiers is retained for 38 months and then automatically deleted. We are unable to identify specific individuals from the cookie data and advertising identifiers, it is collective data.
- Our advertising partners (eg Google, Bing, Facebook) who may show you VOCLA® adverts after you have left the website. This would only occur if you opted into marketing cookies.
- Our marketing providers (eg Mailchimp, Text Marketer). Only if you have given prior consent (see section 4 Marketing), we transfer to them, the data which is necessary to send you marketing activity to which you have subscribed. Mailchimp is based in the USA and therefore, when we transfer data from our website system to Mailchimp, we are transferring the data outside of the EU. Mailchimp is compliant with the GDPR regulations, EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Regimes in order to lawfully transfer EU personal data to the USA.
- Live Chat if you use our chat system. They store details of chat transcripts which may contain personal data.
- Affiliate Marketing Providers, if you linked through to our website from an affiliate, will log the order details in order to recognise any commission due to those affiliates. Your personal data will not be logged.
- Law enforcement agencies, if and where we are required to do so by law.
Under the GDPR regulations, we have a consensual lawful basis to process your data for marketing purposes.
If you have consented to us doing so, we will send you direct marketing messages to keep you aware of our new products, special offers, exclusive deals and developments at VOCLA®.
You can select which methods you consent to, whether that be by e-mail, SMS text, mail or a combination of all these. You can also select which type of e-mail newsletters you receive, so you receive only those of interest to you. It is entirely your choice, you do not have to consent to anything.
You can change your consent to direct marketing preferences at any time, in the following ways:
- By unsubscribing on e-mails or replying to SMS messages
- By contacting us via e-mail, phone, online website contact form, website chat system or by post
- Our Cookie logging provider, Cookiebot, records your consent to strictly necessary and marketing cookies when you first visit the website and requests consent again when every 12 months or whenever you clear the cookies within your broswer
We will update your details within 7 days, although unsubscribing on an e-mail or SMS takes immediate effect.
Ending marketing messages will not affect communications necessary to fulfil a contract of sale with you, so you will still receive communications in relation to orders you place because under GDPR, we have a contractual lawful basis to process your data. Your consent is only necessary for marketing communications where under GDPR, we have a consensual lawful basis to process your data.
- KEEPING YOUR DATA
We will hold your data for as long as you hold your account with us, or as long as is required to be able to provide our services and support to you.
You have the right to request that we delete your data (see section 6 Your Rights). However, we may keep hold of your data as required, even after you close an account or it is nolonger necessary to provide services to you, in order to meet legal or regulatory requirements. For example, under VAT legislation, we need to keep your order information for 6 years.
Communication e-mails and messages are kept for 6 months and then deleted.
We will continue to provide marketing services using your data for as long as you provide consent to this. You can remove your consent at any time as detailed in section 4 Marketing.
Data sent to Google Analytics that is associated with cookies and advertising identifiers is retained for 38 months and then automatically deleted.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Your rights in relation to your personal information are as follows:
|YOUR RIGHTS||HOW THE RIGHT IS APPLIED|
|The right to access the information we hold about you||Please contact us via e-mail, phone, online contact form or by post to access the information we hold|
|The right to rectification – you may request us to correct inaccurate data or complete incomplete data||Please use your account or contact us via e-mail, phone, online contact form or by post to correct any inaccurate information|
|The right to be forgotten – you may request us to delete your data without undue delay||
Please contact us via e-mail, phone, online contact form or by post to have your data deleted. Once deleted, we can no longer process or collect it
The right to stop direct marketing messages
|You can change your marketing preferences, at any time within your account, by unsubscribing to e-mails, replying STOP to SMS messages or by contacting us|
|The right to portability – you may request us to transfer your data to another organisation||Please contact us via e-mail, phone, online contact form or by post to transfer elements of your data|
|The right to complain to your data protection regulator||Within the UK, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office but we would ask that you contact us first so we can try to resolve any issues|
Copyright © VOCLA Limited. All rights reserved. All content, the layout of this website, images, and blog articles are registered with the UK Copyright Service. Registration No: -284730289-